My Fair Lady Bridal Monaghan has just won the Best Bridal Retailer in Ireland
at the Mrs2Be Brides’ Choice Awards 2016
About the Awards
The Mrs2Be Brides’ Choice Awards were launched in 2014.
The awards are the first and only Irish wedding industry awards that are based on a detailed review process involving each entrant’s previous customers.
Entrants are judged on a range of criteria including professionalism and quality.
1. Don't invest in undergarments before your first dress fitting. Use it as an opportunity to discuss how the dress fits you with your tailor. You will learn a lot more about what your needs are when you see how the dress fits your body and what alterations have to be made.
2. Check if you need a bra. Some dresses offer enough shape and structure that you may not need one. If you do want more support discuss with your tailor if it is possible to sew cups, a bra or a corset into your dress. This can help with tricky necklines, low backs, strapless dresses, lace and illusion backs and straps.
3. Make an appointment with a lingerie store for a fitting. Bring images of your dress to the fitting so you can discuss with your fitter what your bra needs to achieve and which type of bra will be most suitable, for example if you need some extra padding, if you need a seamless bra or if you can go for lace.
4. If you have opted for a bra and notice you start to loose some weight before your big day, go back to the lingerie shop and get refitted. An ill fitting bra is never your friend particularly on your wedding day.
5. When it comes to undergarments what you wear on your derriere is very much dependant on the style of your dress. For this purpose I have three categories, shapewear, seamless and classic panties.
6. Shapewear. Yes ladies a lot of brides do wear Spanx or similar shapewear. If your dress highlights parts of your body like for example a fishtail style dress you will more than likely need some. The key to shape wear is making sure it fits perfectly, otherwise you can end up with some unsightly bulges where the shapewear ends and you are being cut off. High-waisted is always reliable as it creates a seamless look through the bodice, it's also great for satin dresses as it covers the belly button which can sometimes leave a strange indent in the dress. Nude biker shorts are the go to shape wear, but don't feel like its your only choice, discuss it with your lingerie shop and if in doubt a full slip can be a great and sexier solution.
7. Seamless. Slim fitting dresses, sheath dresses and dresses with a thin layer of fabric call for seamless undergarments that lie flat and smooth on your body, afterall there's nothing worse than a visible panty line. A high rise seamless nude thong is your go to but once again don't feel limited, fabric technology has come a long way and often a seamless lace thong will also do the trick, ask your fitter in the lingerie shop for alternatives.
8. Classic panties. If your dress is a fuller princess or A-line style you can go all out! With no worries of visible lines, seams or bulges you are free to express yourself and wear something that makes you feel amazing! You can wear your favourite Brazilian lace knickers or try something racy like a garter belt and stockings. Have a little fun and make sure you feel great!
9. If your worried that all of these practical underwear solutions aren't what you wanted to surprise your lucky groom with on your wedding night just pack your sexy ensemble and slip into it as soon as you retire to your room. He need never know about your Bridget Jones'.